Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Isabelle!

For Isabelle's first birthday, we celebrated in Niamey. We started the day with going to the American Embassy's Recreation Center. We swam in the pool and ate quesadillas for lunch. We had a great time cooling off in the pool and spending time just the 3 of us. Later that day we had a small party for Isabelle with a few friends on the Songhai Team. She had opened presents and then, very delicately, had her first bite of cake from her very own 3 layer mini-cake. She loved her presents & the cake & all the attention she got on her birthday!


This child loves the pool! Her mom & dad don't mind it too much either ... especially in this heat!


Yummy ... cheese quesadillas!


Like I said, I don't think she minded the attention of getting showered with presents one bit!


Isabelle looking very excited about receiving her first Corolle doll


I think she likes it! She's giving it kisses.


Matching cakes. The big one for the adults & her very own 3 layer cake all for herself.


The Belle enjoying having people singing to her!


She took her time diving into her cake. She pulled off all the frosting first & then finally got around to eating the cake.


Her daddy wanted her to be a big, sloppy mess but I was quite pleased that this was as bad as it got.

No comments: