Tuesday, December 7, 2010

sous chef

Y'all know that Isabelle loves to help out in the kitchen. And she's actually getting pretty good at it, too. Well for a 2 year old, that is! A few weeks ago Isabelle offered to help me in the kitchen making some muffins for breakfast! Here's just a little recap of me & my little sous chef making delicious banana chocolate chip muffins (thanks Joy S!).



I gathered everything I needed ... salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, flour, eggs, very ripe bananas & one little sous chef!


Izzy loves to help put the ingredients into the bowl


And she loves to "chir tup" too! (That's "stir it up" for those of you who don't speak Izzanese)

She also likes to eat the dry ingredients when I turn my back for a second!


In the oven & ready to bake! Izzy even helped fill the cups. I'm telling y'all ... she's a good little helper in the kitchen!

Delicious!!


We decided to dine on the patio after all our hard work


The Belle gives them a "thumbs up"!


Izzy loved the muffins so much she decided to have another one that day for a snack. What I didn't realize were how messy they could be without a plate!


See what I mean?



Who knew chocolate chips were so messy? :)


It was everywhere I tell you!! But well worth it for a fun morning with my girl!

 
Feel free to stop on by Chez Phillips for any of our special creations!! You never know what the little sous chef & I may be whipping up next!

No comments: