Tuesday, October 6, 2009

sick little Izzy

Isabelle has got some buggies in her belly right now & we are in Niamey waiting for her to get better. I guess that pacifier didn't help her keep certain things out of her mouth, huh? Whatever it was she put in, it put in her an amoeba & bacterial infection. She's doing better & we should be on the road to Ayorou soon.

This picture was taken when Richard & Shawn were here & we were on our way to see giraffes. Izzy was a little puny then, too. When cutting teeth (especially 4 at one time!), she loses interest in food (I know, I know!). And in doing so, she becomes anemic pretty quickly. This particular morning she was as such but it only took her a couple of hours & a dose of iron to get back to her crazy self. Nonetheless, you know Isabelle is sick when she loses interest in food & her eyes get like this. : (

No comments: