Living in America with a toddler is GREAT! There is so much to do! Don't get me wrong, we miss Ayorou so much & loved raising Isabelle there but we have also enjoyed being in America & taking advantage of things that we cannot do in Africa. And going to the library is one of those things! Most weeks I completely forget about going because I forget that there is actually stuff to do outside the house besides grocery shopping!
The week before Easter, Isabelle and I had some "Mommy/Daughter" time. We needed a little girl time together, so we left the fellas at home & headed to the library for Toddler Time. Unfortunately, I am not a frequenter of this event at the local library & so I am not "in the know." On this particular day, I did not know that they were having an Easter Egg Hunt & each child should bring his/her own Easter basket. So poor Izzy had to resort to a white paper sack while all the other kiddos sported their fancy new baskets. But she didn't even notice ... just me.
This was actually Isabelle's first egg hunt & so it was a practice run for the next few she would be involved in. She did fairly well ... & by fairly, I mean she racked up less than a dozen eggs to take home. The other kids? Oh, I think they got at least 2 dozen each. Once I finally got through to Isabelle what was going on & what her objective was, she then became focused on each egg she found. I had to show her what was inside the first one so she would continue to look for more. So for Isabelle this meant that she had to open EVERY egg before she would search for another!
We had a ton of fun though & hope to squeeze in a few more library dates before we head out to South Dakota, where there is no library in the metropolis of Wolsey, population 450! We'll have to be a little more creative with our outings ... like counting cows or hay bales or tractors!
No comments:
Post a Comment