Tuesday, January 11, 2011

life these days

Life these days around the Phillips house is pure craziness & fun. Isabelle is in the throes of being a toddler (going on teenager) & Luke is starting to match her pace. Amidst all the craziness of toddler tantrums & baby meltdowns, we make sure to leave plenty of room for fun! I mean, how can we not?! We are not laid back people ourselves ... why should we expect our children to be? Ha!

I really wish we could upload one of the many videos we have of the kids that show a good sampling of their crazy selves & post it on here. But if it takes 2 hours to upload 6 pictures, I don't even want to know how long it would take to upload a video! So I'll just tell you about a few of them (as if you really wanted to hear about a video you would rather watch!) ...
Yesterday, I recorded a video of Izzy on the potty. She has finally (PTL!) decided that she wants to go potty by herself. Well, I was standing outside the door & I could hear her talking to herself, so I grabbed the camera to record her. When she saw me, she asked me to come sit down in front of her & she proceeded to tell the camera how stinky her business was! She then decided to sing a song for the camera with no recognizable words & I think I now know that she has inherited my singing abilities as opposed to the musically talented Phillips' side of the family! 

Luke has begun hating the "after bath" routine ... lotion, diaper, jammies. He usually pitches a FIT during the process & I usually lose about 10 years off my life. There is nothing like trying to grease up a baby that is wriggling around like a fish out of water ... all the while, on a very small space that is so conveniently raised 4 feet above ground! Anywho, a few nights ago, Luke decided to be a comedian! And by comedian, I mean the boy knew that he was being funny & kept doing it to make us laugh. And here's what he did ... he slapped himself in the face! I mean, SLAPPED! On his right cheek! He would smack himself about 5 times & then cackle & cackle! He would look at us to make sure we were laughing. If we hit our cheek to prompt him, he would do it again .... smack, smack, smack, cackle, cackle, cackle! I tell ya, he's really trying to one up his sister! (Reading that back, it really doesn't sound very funny but I promise you it was! Maybe I'll try the video someday so you can see for yourself!)

We've got so many more videos & pictures of our crazy kids but I'll stop boring you with all the stories. Here are just a few pics of our crazy kids & just a glimpse of all the joy they bring to our lives!






1 comment:

Brittany said...

Those are two ADORABLE kiddos!! I mean, seriously! :)

Love your stories, they always make me laugh!!