Thursday, April 21, 2011

good idea, bad idea

Ever have one of those really good ideas that turns quickly into a bad idea? So here's how my good idea/bad idea played out the other day:

I thought it would be a "good idea" to do a fun, crafty activity with Isabelle that would also be a nutritious treat & maybe even help Luke to finally eat a banana. (Yeah, the kid does NOT like bananas ... or any fruit for that matter, despite "introducing" it to him a bazillion times. I never give up!) So Izzy & I made frozen bananas dipped in chocolate on a stick. Great idea, huh? Fun craft with the Belle & nutritious treat hidden behind a thick layer of chocolate for the boy!

Well if you've never experienced Niger heat, you won't know that it doesn't matter if something is "frozen" when it comes into contact with the 95 blazing degrees that makes up the air in your home. That "frozen" banana quickly became a sloppy, sticky mess. And you know what? Luke STILL did not eat the banana ... but he loved the chocolate!


More chocolate, Mama?


Izzy did fair on hers & made minimal mess with the chocolate.


We decided about halfway through that his little navy polo shirt had taken enough of a beating & probably needed to be stripped off of him before it was ruined for life.



Good idea: nutritious snack for your kids. Bad idea: covering it in chocolate in extreme temperatures knowing that your son will still probably not eat it!

2 comments:

Buck Hill said...

Good Picture, he loves to eat, but what he wants :)

Jen Hill said...

OMG, as soon as I heard "frozen chocolate" I knew what was coming! I think you'll have to save that crafty treat for January. Ha! But Luke sure does look cute covered in chocolate!!