I am still playing catch up from when Mark's parents were here in January so please don't assume that any of these pictures are recent! They might actually be from 2010 but it was so long ago, I can't remember. Shoot, I can't even remember what we did yesterday.
Nonetheless, sometime when Mark's parents were here between December 20 & January 9 we went to the one & only ill-fated zoo that this country has to offer. Activities outside the home are slim pickings here. So for a fun filled day outside the house that did not involve running errands or grocery shopping or souvenir shopping, we decided to take Mark's parents to the zoo. They've been here 3 times so we thought it was about high time that they saw this fabulous tourist attraction!
It was still cool season while they were here hence the reason Luke is wearing a jacket!
Izzy & Papa checking out the lovely dwellings of the monkey house.
The poor old hippo in his huge watering hole. It just makes me so sad every time I see him!
The Belle has a huge fascination for dinosaurs right now & she loves checking out the bones of the 3 dinosaurs they have on display (outdoors, might I add) at the zoo. For the life of her, however, she cannot understand why she can't go past the fence to see the dinosaurs.
After visiting a couple of zoos this past year in the States, it makes me even more sad to visit the animals at this zoo & see their awful accommodations. Doesn't he just look so sad? : (
The zoo has a small playground & keeps the swings locked up during the weekdays. But the slide is all game for any takers. Izzy really thought she wanted to slide by herself on this particular occasion ...
... until she reached the top. Daddy to the rescue!!
No comments:
Post a Comment