I cannot believe that in 2 short weeks my baby boy will be a year old! Seriously!?! Where has the time gone? Some days I still cannot believe it's been over a year since we landed in the States for our 7 month stateside assignment & have already been back on the field for almost 6 months!
Luke Cleveland Phillips, or Lukas Pookus as he is affectionately called, is such a sweetheart of a baby. Other than the obvious, he has been different from his sister from the moment he kicked inside of me. I knew without a shadow of a doubt that it was no little girl with fluttery kicks rolling around inside of me; I knew he had to be ALL boy because he constantly took my breath away each time he jabbed at me from within!
And he has proven to still be all boy! The boy rarely snuggles because he is just SO active! He loves to be down playing on the ground or wrestling with his Daddy or hitting his sister. We can barely read him a book because he will not sit still long enough. He loves to laugh & cackle & it doesn't take much to get him excited ... especially when he sees food!
Since he's the second child, I know full well what this next phase of his life is about to be as he will soon enter the toddler phase & begin walking & talking & becoming less of a baby. So I'm going to do my darndest to soak up every last minute of his baby-ness that I can!! And in 2 short weeks, he will blow out his first candle on his first birthday cake & my baby will say goodbye to his first year of life & we'll embark on another wonderful year with Lukas Pookus!
No comments:
Post a Comment