To complete GB & Bebe's trip to Niger in February, Isabelle thought it only appropriate to introduce them to the amazing sights of Niger. There were so many to choose from (sarcasm implied) so we narrowed it down to the zoo & the giraffes. Oh wait! That's ALL there is to do around here! Oh well, good thing we don't ever get bored by it!
Izzy refused to get in the picture of GB & Bebe with the lions but I still managed to sneak her in the shot. Sneaky Mommy!
Poor little lions with only 20 feet to roam around in. I'm pretty sure this is a far cry from their natural habitat.
Check out the baby hippo! Usually the hippos are so far under the water in their little ponds that all we can see is an ear or snout but they were all out prancing around this day.
Not sure why blogger won't turn my picture right side up! Anywho, the Belle stopped just long enough to take a picture in front of the baboon!
My parents first time to see the giraffes. I think this was Izzy's 12th but I've really lost count!
Our guide took us right to them & into the middle of about 8 or so giraffes grazing all around us. This was a mama & her baby.
Can you see the giraffes just chilling behind our heads? Obviously they were not too upset by us busting up on their grazing lands in our 4x4 truck! They just sat down & chilled out while we snapped away with our pictures.
Again with the sideways craziness! So this is a termite hill ... which totally grosses me out & the reason I stayed IN the truck to snap this picture!
So for all of you out there who have yet to come see us in Niger, just know that when you do come, Isabelle & I will be more than happy to be your tour guides to all the fabulous sights that Niger has to offer!
1 comment:
I'd love to come!!! Amanda and I tried to get Mary Beth to come to Niger after our Japan trip was cancelled. Now I'm Trying to talk my hubby into coming with Will in May:)
Post a Comment