Wednesday, February 10, 2010

daddy & his daughter

Isabelle could not ask for a better daddy. Mark loves his little girl & she loves him right back! When we were in Ayorou, every Thursday was "Daddy/daughter" day. This would give me the chance to visit some of my ladies without interruption (well, on my part that is ... there's always interruptions on their part). Or sometimes I would use the day to do things around the house & Mark would take Izzy with him as he went out visiting.

I loved coming home from being out & hearing all the things Mark & Izzy had been up to. I also "loved" seeing what shape Isabelle was in when I returned home. As in, if it's Izzy and I you best believe she's going to have her hair fixed & an outfit on. If it's just Mark & the Belle, well ... let the pictures explain ...


This was Mark feeding Isabelle breakfast in Niamey. She decided to have her breakfast on the floor ... literally!



Isabelle loves to dance with her Daddy.





During those "icky" moments of pregnancy, Mark would take Izzy in the mornings so I could have a few extra moments to fight the oncoming nausea. Some days he would take her "out for breakfast" in Ayorou ... which meant he would walk with her down the street to buy "cecena" (basically, ground beans deep fried like a hush puppie) from a street vendor. The above pictures show Isabelle after one of these breakfast excursions ... yes, I do believe my husband took Isabelle out with only a t-shirt on (and a WAY too small t-shirt at that)! Hey, we live in Africa!


Gotta love the early morning hair! And who knows what she had for breakfast that day!


Mark bought this little purse for Isabelle when he was out & about in Niamey one time. She loves it ... and apparently loves my head wrap, too!


No words, my friends, no words.


No matter what Isabelle looks like after a day with her daddy, it's all worth it for this right here! Isabelle could not ask for a better daddy & I could not ask for a better husband! We love him SOOOO much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Izzy,
You sure do have the best Daddy. He is so much fun, isn't he? He has always loved doing silly things, and now he loves being able to do silly things with you. I can see how much he loves you and loves being with you--and I can see how much you love your wonderful Daddy. Of course, it's a good thing Mommy is around when the hair and outfits get out of control! I love you,
Gaga