On Saturday, May 22, we had a birthday party for Isabelle at my parent's house. We invited the neighbors & our friends who live in Aberdeen, SD (about 75 miles away). I'm not too big on "theme" birthdays yet but I knew I wanted to incorporate Elmo into it in some way, shape or form. Isabelle was in love with Elmo at the time (it's so funny because she's totally gone through phases of who she loves & right now, she'd probably pick Dora the Explorer). So we just went with a red & white party and some Elmo cookies. We also had a gargantuan amount of food as my Dad is "King of the Grill" & cooked ribs, chicken, brats & a ton of other meat ... mostly red & white, to go with the party, of course!
Her made-from-scratch birthday cake. I think she may have preferred the store bought over this one!
Cake Pops. I'd been dying to make these but never had a chance (or the necessary ingredients & tools) to do it in Niger. They don't look too pretty but they are delicious! Red velvet cake, cream cheese frosting & white chocolate ... delicious flavors & perfect color combo for the party!
Besides the plates, this was the only "Elmo" at the party.
Isabelle blowing out her candle with the help of Callie. I just realized that she had 2 birthday parties last year, too. We did one with just family & close friends and then one where we invited a lot of other missionaries & their kids. Guess this is becoming a tradition, too!
So Isabelle liked the cake pops better than her cake. I think I did, too!!
Izzy is always so good to make friends fast. She had never met Callie before this day but she instantly loved her. As you saw above, she even let Callie hold her while she blew out her candles.
Showing off her new cowgirl hat beside the big tractor!
And it was astronomically windy! That hat didn't last 2 seconds on her head!
No comments:
Post a Comment