Ever since we came home to Ayorou with Isabelle when she was one month old, Hamsatou has "claimed" Izzy as her child. In doing so, that makes all of Hamsatou's children Isabelle's siblings. This is no problem for us because it means that Yacouba is Izzy's older brother. And let me tell you ... he is a GREAT older brother. He was gone for almost a year from Ayorou but as soon as he came back, he slipped right back into his role of being a great big bro for Izzy. And she loves him too!

Doing the typical brother thing ... making Isabelle do something she doesn't want to do!

But being a great big bro by consoling her when she got scared! Can you see how tight she is gripping his neck?

I am so going to miss this!

Isn't that just the cutest thing ever? Isabelle & Yacouba just taking a stroll as the sun sets. Where else do you trust someone to do this with your child? We have been beyond fortunate that the Lord has allowed us to raise Isabelle in a place like Ayorou.

Sweet kisses for her big bro!
3 comments:
Izzy,
I know Yacouba is going to miss his little "sister." He has been a sweet big brother to you. I know you will miss all your Ayorou friends--they are special to you and to us, too.
Love you so much,
Gaga
This gives me chills...what a loving relationship. I know you are going to miss them so much.
oh my GOODNESS that last picture is to die for. I'm glad to see that Yacouba is being such a sweetie and not a bandio :)
Post a Comment