Wednesday, October 13, 2010

county fair

So our last & final thing to do in America was the Brown County Fair in Aberdeen, SD (where we were flying out of). I love fair food but I'm not big on the fair crowds. I seriously felt like I was in an African market at some points during our time on the fairgrounds ... weird smells, people pushing, crazy outfits, etc, etc.

Isabelle, however, loved it! She loved riding all the rides with her GB & Bebe. I wish I would've taken more pictures but my camera filled up. But would y'all like to know what Isabelle's favorite part of the fair was? I'm sure you'll never guess! Seriously, she loved it so much that she told everyone she met for weeks about it! Are you ready? Okay, her favorite part of the fair was seeing her Daddy ride a mechanical bull!! 
 
Yes, ladies & gents, Mark Carney Phillips rode a mechanical bull at the Brown County Fair!! It was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen! Unfortunately, I got about 2 seconds of it on video because the camera was full. I've never been so disappointed! Isabelle was so excited about it though. She told everyone for the next week, "Daddy! Cow! Woah!" You should've seen the looks on people's faces, "What is this crazy 2 year old talking about?" So then Mark would have to explain what on earth his daughter was referring to. Classic!!


Isabelle has a fascination with airplanes so it didn't take much convincing to get her to ride this!



And this was like a real, live carousel for her! She loved it! She would lean down & pet the pony & give it little taps on its side!

No comments: