Tuesday, October 12, 2010

go-karts!!

Right beside Storybook Land is a Go-Kart Track. Mark & I really, really wanted to take Isabelle on the go-karts but we weren't quite sure how she would handle it. Plus, she "technically" did not meet the height requirements. So on one of our last weekends in the States, we decided to go for it. Mark thought it'd be better if she rode with me first ... probably because I'm the more cautious driver!

When we got in line to ride, I made Isabelle stand as straight as straight could be & pulled her big ole bow right on the top of her head, just to make sure she was tall enough! We got in the cars & you could tell she was a little unsure of what was going on. Even after I hit the gas & we started going, she still wasn't sure if she liked it or not. But by the 2nd lap, she was loving it! Like I've done everytime I've ever rode a go-kart, I screamed the whole time! Izzy kept trying to keep the hair out of her face & would squeal everytime we rounded a corner. We had SO much fun!

After we got done, she said, "More!" I told Mark that he needed to take a turn with her but he thought we'd already paid too much for 1 ride as it was. I gave him the "we're only in America this one time" speech & we bought the tickets! Y'all I thought Isabelle squealed with me but, oh no! She squealed, screamed, cried with joy, whatever you want to call it when her Daddy was behind the wheel. He's a little more risky than I am in a go-kart, so she really felt the turns when he was driving. She loved it!! I guess she's going to be like her Daddy ... a little less cautious & a little more fun!






Luke & Bebe enjoyed watching both rides from the truck!

No comments: